Sunday, December 1, 2013

South Bay Dickhead of the Day

(pic taken yesterday)
Last week I was running along beach and I came across 100's of one foot deep holes left by this Dickhead.

 Now I have lived at the beach my whole life and I used to dig holes too.  When I was maybe 3 or 4 years old I would dig a hole and leave it,  but mom knew better and taught me to fill it when I was done. Maybe this dude was an orphan so approached him to find out?

"Excuse me would you mind filling up your holes after you dig them? They are dangerous for people passing by to step in."

The dude got  upset and gave  me an emphatic "NO" claiming that the tide would wash them away.

"Didn't your mama teach you anything? Yes the tide will wash them away in maybe 4 hours but in the meantime your being a dick to everyone else on the beach, have a good sir"
(perhaps that's not how the conversation went down but I shall pretend that's how it went)

I left the confrontation with a sour taste in my mouth sweetened by thoughts of revenge

Now I have nothing against metal detecting, In fact I'm kind of envious, but filling up one's holes is not a difficult thing to do and prevents people from getting hurt.
The holes left on the beach by this douche bag are dangerous to runners, old people, dumb ass's looking at girls,  people in love, people watching the sunset 
and 
most importantly they can be very dangerous to Lifeguards trying to make a rescue.
"Mam, I'm sorry that your little Timmy drowned to death I twisted my ankle running down to the water!"
(Don't worry Timmy is actually fine, I am using my imagination Ha Ha)
Yesterday I was running along the beach with my camera and saw MR. Dickhead's trail of holes.
When I finally caught up to him he wasn't to happy.

"Why the f*#K are you taking my picture?"
Me
"I have a place for it"
(and that place is here)

I continued to follow him for about 5 to 10 minutes mostly pretending to take more pictures and video. He was getting more pissed off every second while I stood there grinning from ear to ear.
(I'm surprised you can't hear me giggling in the background)

I thought he was gonna throw sand at me but instead he tried to bribe me with a penny.  It may have worked but I was ill prepared to make the catch and couldn't find in the sand.

I will continue to take pictures of this dickhead every time I see him on the beach until he starts filling his holes and I will post them here.

 Later in my run I asked a lifeguard if there are any ordinances against leaving holes? He said he would look into and was looking forward to stopping this dickhead from making his job more difficult

I still don't know if there is an ordinance or not but I contacted my local supervisor Don Knabe in hopes of making one if does not exist already.



No comments:

Post a Comment