Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A New World Record

January 24th 1848 James Marshall discovered Gold In California.  Two years later the first shovel washed ashore in San Francisco.  Rumor has it that some dude once found 3 shovels back in 1875 but that's just folklore.
In 1932 this chick claimed to find 5 shovels during her morning jog.  She was the talk of the town for weeks unfortunately it turned out to be an elaborate hoax by Sears in an attempt to sell Shovels to the emerging S&M crowd in Los Angeles 

It wasn't until the 1950's when the cheap plastic shovel was invented invented.  Fitness guru Jack Lalanne found 7 of them while working out near Muscle Beach.   It was a Record some thought would stand the test of time.

For over 50 years the record had held up!  

The shovel world  needed a new hero!
And 
It turns out that hero would be me.

In the last 5 years I have found thousands of shovels.  On five or six occasions I had found over ten but never more than 12 until yesterday that is.

After a week of  crappy finds.  The answer was simple?
I just needed to run a little farther.

5 hours later
 I had a new world record
16 shovels!
I found a few rakes to but I'm not really a rake kind of guy.  However that 3 legged Octopus is pretty sweet.
 I found me some fancy tweezers a quality rubber band and clip thingy.
 I got me some starts upon thars. 
 Also not pictured I found dolphin and heart bracelet that I gave away to a friend I saw during my run,
 An opened sticky hand!
(that's some good shit)

Time for a few strange finds
 Good thing the creepy heart dude was there to protect bathing suit Bell from the T-rex and Adrian Petterson.
(Maybe I should make a diorama?)
 I wonder if those are  real diamonds?
 3 more lighters.  Is glaucoma contagious?
 I found some balls
and some Cocks  
HA HA!
(the shuttlecocks found 6 miles apart)
 Another bubble wand for the collection
Peas my friends!

The End!



No comments:

Post a Comment