Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Easter Sunday September 14th Resurrection of the Shovel.

Six weeks away from the beach tapped in the mountains of Colorado. I  was forced to wear a shirt almost everyday (_THE HORROR_), If I wanted to go running I was stuck on a trail (_Ee Gads_) forced to take someone else's path rather than blaze my own.

It was a spectacular trip full of great memories, but at least part of everyday I wished I was running on the beach. As I dreamed of scorching hot sand, salty air, girls and in bikini's I wondered what was gonna happen to all those poor lost shovels left on the beach by negligent children?


I got back home Tuesday afternoon and with in an hour I was barefoot and shirtless running on the beach.  It was good to be home.  I had hoped to find plethora of plastic gold  but unfortunately my worst fear was confirmed?

Every Shovel I came across was broken :( Maybe it was just bad luck? Wednesday I encountered the same thing. On A normal day I find about one intact shovel every other mile.  After running about 20 in two days I had found zero.

It was still great to be home you can't really beat sunny weather and  a cool ocean to swim in.  Hopefully my luck would soon change?

Thursday I ran (No Shovels) Friday I ran (no shovels) Saturday (No shovels) Maybe I could have picked up a few but when the beach is crowded I refrain so I don't accidently steal one from some kid. 5 days of running and all I had found was about 25 busted shovels and a hacky sack.

I was in a funk that even 1,000's of beautiful woman in bikini's couldn't cure. 
 (although they helped and I was thankful for each and everyone.)

Something had to change!

Sunday morning I got bright an early to go for a 3 hour run while the beach was still empty and so I could get home for a 10 a.m. football game.  Sunday and Monday mornings are the most prime time of the week to find a shovel.  If I don't find some today maybe I'll have to find a new place to run.  Hmm?  If I run at the cemetery I'll probably find some pretty flowers.  
(I really hope it wouldn't come to that.)

Man that was long preface for stupid run on the beach.  So without further ado this is what I found.

The first thing I found was  pair of glasses. Maybe they would help me find some shovels?
  Instantly I felt like whatever the opposite of Velma is (Scooby Doo) As soon as I put them on I couldn't see a damn thing.

I found just about every type sea creature other than an octopus
Then I found an octopus
If anyone knows Camile tell her I found her rake

Hallelujah! 
The first shovel I found was not really shovel but it still counts in my book I mean blog.
I've started a collection of bubble wands  because why the hell not.  I
have found about 20 so far.
and
Each time I find a hair tie I pick it up and give a whirl.  as a barometer to see how long my hair has gotten.
almost there.
Pony tail? more of a "Burro Tail"
Not quite there yet
But speaking of "Burro Tail's"

RANDOM FACT TIME:
Did you Know there is a plant called a Burro Tail?
I bet you didn't expect to learn somthing from this blog did you?

I'm losing focus here.
What about the shovels?
You ever watch Deadliest Catch and  see how elated the dudes are when they get pot full of crab after a bunch of empty strings?
I might start cooking with wooden spoon I hear sea salts are all the rage.
And
the big yellow shovel well?
 It went on my key chain of course.
I found a Jewish Fireman's hat, a monster truck, a girly car, tailless burro and a toy gun.


How do I carry all this crap you may wonder?  Usually I wrap it up in my T-shirt
But
Today I found a perfectly good bucket
Almost  as abundant as shovels after Saturday night are lighters form all those glaucoma patients smoking them marijuana cigarettes.  They forget their lighters because they cant see from the glaucoma of course
Because of the drought I guess people are just tossing their watering cans into the ocean


That was an abrupt end.
Whatever I'm done
:)





No comments:

Post a Comment